Alcoholism is a progressive disease. Someone may binge drink but not be considered an alcoholic. We encourage to get a professional evaluation of you feel you might have an issue with alcohol.
This 12 question quiz will help determine whether there is a drink problem, or not. This is not a substitute for getting a professional assessment and evaluation. Answer each question honestly. Keep track of the Yes and No answers to each question.
Determining whether a person has a drinking problem can be difficult. This alcoholism test is a fairly good method of screening for alcoholism. Once someone takes the test, and the results indicate they may an alcohol problem, further testing and evaluation should be done by a professional.
Answer Each Question “Yes” or “No”
- – Do you ever talk about “quitting” or “cutting back”?
- – Does your life basically revolve around drinking?
- – Have you ever had memory loss from drinking (blackouts)?
- – Do most of your friends drink?
- – Do you always have liquor, beer or wine in the house?
- – Do you look forward to the next time you can drink?
- – Do you suffer from hangovers?
- – Do you often drink more than you planned?
- – Does being around people who don’t drink makes you uncomfortable?
- – Have you ever stopped drinking for a few days to prove you don’t have a problem?
- – Do you drive even though you know you have had a lot to drink?
- – Do you rarely go a week without drinking?
Keep in mind this is only a “thumbnail quiz to help analyze whether they may be a drinking problem present, or not. Add up your total number of “YES” answers, then match it to this list of categories.
- 0 – 2 = Probably a “Normal” Drinker
- 3 – 5 = Possible Problem Drinker
- 6 or more = Seek a Professional Evaluation